Sunday 23 November 2014

Healthy breakfast idea / Lifestyle

I thought I would do something different this week and do a post on one of my favourite healthy breakfasts. I like to mix up my breakfast ideas up a little everyday and try to stick to being healthy. This is one of my favourite ones to have which fills me up and it makes me feel good about myself, I can assure you that this breakfast will set your day off to a good start.

The thing I love about this breakfast is you can change the ingredients to suit your taste or even change it everyday so you have a wider variety throughout the week. I will show you how I make it and the alternatives you could use. I hope I give you inspiration to try this yourselves, enjoy!


So I begin with the Jordan's fruit and nut muesli which I add a handful to the bowl. I love the different tastes in this muesli as there's plenty of variation. However this is just my taste and what I like so don't be afraid to go and look at the other types of muesli out there, in the end you've just got to find what you prefer. 




Next I add some chopped mixed nuts into the muesli which I just bought from sainsburys, I just think they add flavour to the whole of the meal. There are other alternative nuts out there so just look in your local supermarket and there surely will be a nut you like. If you have nut allergies or just don't really like nuts you could add an alternative, something like  a bit of extra fruit or just leave it how it is. 



I then add some sultanas these are just the sainsburys basic ones as there cheaper yet are just as good as the pricer ones and how often I use them this works better for me. However you can of course buy the pricer sultanas or raisins, just which works best for you. Sultanas have many health benefits and taste amazing. Sultanas provide you with vitamins and minerals and are also a great source of energy, which you need in the morning (well I know I do aha) I just add a few to the bowl to add texture and flavour. 



To finish the toppings, I add some blueberries. I normally change the fruit everyday to add variation. These are again basic blueberries from sainsburys, again there are other blueberries available these just work best for me. If you don't like blueberries try a different fruit you like. Don't be afraid to add as much chopped up fruit as you want, that's the best thing about this dish, you can add as much or little as you want, just whatever you want to do, you do, it will taste great anyway!




Last but not least its the main ingredient and it finishes the dish off perfectly. This is the Alpro coconut milk. This is definitely the main taste to this dish and it makes it taste so good. I love the Alpro range they have so many different flavours and they are all so good for you they all have natural ingredients in. By adding this to the dish all over it makes it feel refreshing and just adds that little extra to it. Again you can use normal milk if you prefer.



Now all that left to do is serve and enjoy! 




I hope this post was useful and gave you inspiration on different healthy breakfast ideas. Thanks for reading! Enjoy if you make this or something similar!

                                                        Love,
                                                        Becky x


No comments:

Post a Comment